MaggyC
LostCousins Member
One of my earliest memories is of listening to my mother spelling out our surname Keehner in shops when she put things on account. I was interested in where this odd name came from - after all no one else had the same name as I did.
Then when I was about 7 I discovered my paternal grandmother still had the family's original naturalisation papers and although I obviously wasn't in any position to do any researching then, my curiosity was piqued. The existence of photos of these people was also a spur to find out more about their lives and although I didn't start seriously researching until the mid 1980s I put my interest down to a dear nana who was happy to allow me to ask questions and look at photos.
Then when I was about 7 I discovered my paternal grandmother still had the family's original naturalisation papers and although I obviously wasn't in any position to do any researching then, my curiosity was piqued. The existence of photos of these people was also a spur to find out more about their lives and although I didn't start seriously researching until the mid 1980s I put my interest down to a dear nana who was happy to allow me to ask questions and look at photos.