TrishM
LostCousins Member
Hi, this is my first post. I retired 3 years ago and one task I took on was to research my family history. I've certainly come a long way since then and am really enjoying myself!
Anyway, my starting point was a photograph of four ladies; four generations in which my grandmother Norah Brett was the baby. As she's in a long robe I reckon it's a christening photo.
I knew her mother's name, Maud Conlan, but had no idea about the older ladies. Family 'information' was that one of them was Irish.
I discovered that Maud's mother, Annie Smith had married an Irishman, Arthur Conlan, so none of the women were Irish in fact. And her mother was Ann Goody. I was thrilled to be able to name them all and proudly told my daughters. Then I was able to work out that the photo was taken in Sudbury, Suffolk, in 1903.
Then I needed to know more, and the search goes on.
Anyway, my starting point was a photograph of four ladies; four generations in which my grandmother Norah Brett was the baby. As she's in a long robe I reckon it's a christening photo.
I knew her mother's name, Maud Conlan, but had no idea about the older ladies. Family 'information' was that one of them was Irish.
I discovered that Maud's mother, Annie Smith had married an Irishman, Arthur Conlan, so none of the women were Irish in fact. And her mother was Ann Goody. I was thrilled to be able to name them all and proudly told my daughters. Then I was able to work out that the photo was taken in Sudbury, Suffolk, in 1903.
Then I needed to know more, and the search goes on.