Mitch_in_Notts
LostCousins Member
So I have a new match on My Heritage of 220cM(3.1% shared DNA), 9 segments, 81.3cM Largest Segment.
Having created the person in my Ancestry tree I have traced his line back to Joseph BENSON and Jane INMAN who marry in Leeds in 1835. This new match is descended from their eldest Son Charles BENSON b1837. My Birth Father is not named on my Birth Certificate, but IF I have accurately calculated who my birth Father is, then I am descended from Charles' Youngest sister Emily BENSON b1859.
BUT that makes the new match and myself 4th Cousins. According to DNA painter 4th Cousin is well outside the range(0-139) for 220, which is closer to 2nd Cousin level. Could I be entirely wrong with my 'guess' for my birth Father, or because, apparently my birth parents are very distantly related, could this warp the range levels?
Or is 220 possible for 4th Cousin?
Thanks, a confused, Mitch
Having created the person in my Ancestry tree I have traced his line back to Joseph BENSON and Jane INMAN who marry in Leeds in 1835. This new match is descended from their eldest Son Charles BENSON b1837. My Birth Father is not named on my Birth Certificate, but IF I have accurately calculated who my birth Father is, then I am descended from Charles' Youngest sister Emily BENSON b1859.
BUT that makes the new match and myself 4th Cousins. According to DNA painter 4th Cousin is well outside the range(0-139) for 220, which is closer to 2nd Cousin level. Could I be entirely wrong with my 'guess' for my birth Father, or because, apparently my birth parents are very distantly related, could this warp the range levels?
Or is 220 possible for 4th Cousin?
Thanks, a confused, Mitch