Carla
LostCousins Star
I just thought I would share a few pictures from Monday. My husband and I went to Bovington Tank Museum where a special commemoration of the start of WW1 for Britain took place. I had earmarked this event months ago, and managed to get the day off work. It was beautifully sunny, and although we had been there a few weeks previous for the 'Tank Fest' it was now all very different. There was a talk called 'Tommy in the Trenches' which I found interesting, but considering the amount of reading and research I have been doing recently, there was little new information for me. We walked around the 'War Horse' exhibition and once again I found it brought tears to my eyes. The main display of the day was a re-enactment of the taking of the German trenches by British soldiers. It did cause much amusement as there about 30 British soldiers, and only 2 German soldiers, but we all clapped as they charged over the wall and captured the trench. Seven replica WW1 planes simulated an air battle above our heads which was amazing, and a display of cavalry soldiers training wowed the spectators. The most poignant part of the day was the short commemorative service, the one minute silence and the bugle call of the Last Post. I sniffed my way through that, as did many. As the bugle played it's final notes an explosion of poppies burst into the air. "We will remember"......and I most definitely will remember.














