As far as I was aware the 1941 census was not carried out, due to more pressing problems!
This weekend though I came across a reference to my fathers 'location for 1941 census purposes.'
I was entering details from his military records, which I had just received, which showed him as a patient in hospital in Sudan.
Perhaps there were many people in the forces who were also recorded for census purposes but the details were never collated?
There is a blog post about him here, with a link to his online profile if anyone is interested,
This weekend though I came across a reference to my fathers 'location for 1941 census purposes.'
I was entering details from his military records, which I had just received, which showed him as a patient in hospital in Sudan.
Perhaps there were many people in the forces who were also recorded for census purposes but the details were never collated?
There is a blog post about him here, with a link to his online profile if anyone is interested,