• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1939 Register - Search by ED Code

Bob Spiers

LostCousins Superstar
I know I have searched the 1939 Register by ED Code before having likely read about in the Forum or perhaps elsewhere; I forget. So please can someone remind how I search using the ED Code.

The ED Code is shown on every original Page (in this instance I want to discover the area shown as QFGD). As I recall the search will identify a specific area and allow further interrogation backwards and forwards, street by street, and road by road sort of thing. I found it useful but now I want to do it again I have literally forgotten how it was accomplished.

I have looked under Advanced search but the option to search by code does not seem to be there.

Many thanks
 
While on the topic of the 1939 Register, I have just had a different problem where a person is shown on the original image but not the transcription. It is not easy to report such an error as to do that needs the original transcription entry as a base. Has anyone else come across something similar and what is the best way to report the missing transcription entry?
 
I have used the "contact us" link to report items relating to records - such as missing images/transcriptions that were in Ancestry's set.

Phil
 
Back
Top