Britjan
LostCousins Star
The 1914.org website has a marvelous calendar of events taking place and starting this year and I'd like to issue a challenge to every forum member to attend at least one and post your impressions.
One word of warning the site has a serious problem with dead/problem links to some of the participating organisations that indicates a lack of quality control. However it is worth persevering by doing your own search with the details provided.
There seems to be a real effort to dramatise how the conflict affected communities large and small across the globe. I am taking advantage of the fact that I am in London, England next month to try to attend at least two events, one by City Lit is a two hour free session on "Women of London and World War I" presented by the IWM. The other is a piece of performance art , very reasonably priced and put together by LIFT at the Battersea Arts Centre.
One word of warning the site has a serious problem with dead/problem links to some of the participating organisations that indicates a lack of quality control. However it is worth persevering by doing your own search with the details provided.
There seems to be a real effort to dramatise how the conflict affected communities large and small across the globe. I am taking advantage of the fact that I am in London, England next month to try to attend at least two events, one by City Lit is a two hour free session on "Women of London and World War I" presented by the IWM. The other is a piece of performance art , very reasonably priced and put together by LIFT at the Battersea Arts Centre.