• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1911 England Census Question

BettyJ

LostCousins Member
Is it possible to obtain enough information from the Family Search website for the 1911 census to be able to enter the household into Lost Cousins? I did try to search on the forum website for the answer but maybe did not search hard enough? ( I can use Family Search for the 1881 and 1841 census to enter data into Lost Cousins)
 
I'm afraid not - if you look at the FamilySearch transcription you'll see that it doesn't include the census references. However there's an additional problem - without viewing the image you won't know if the information has been wrongly transcribed.

This latter problem also applies to the 1841 Census. If you're lucky it will have been correctly transcribed - but it may not have been.
 
Hi Betty J, welcome to the forum. You will notice that Family Search for the 1911 UK census directs you to Find My Past which is a paid subscription service. However the records are also available through Ancestry and you may be able to find this available for free in your local library system in your state. Normally you have to go into the library and access one of their computers to do this so it helps to be organised when you do so.
 
Talking of censuses I only recently discovered a a couple of columns in the 1911 Canadian census which I had never paid much attention to. All about how much insurance the person had (mainly male) and the premiums. I'll update the Canadian resource page soon.
 
Back
Top