• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1901 census online

Margaret Fisher

New Member
I started researching my family history partly by accident when the 1901 census came online! I thought I would give it a try to see if I could find my grandparents - and I found them! I was so excited because I could see where they were living and who was in their household - I felt really close to them in seeing all of that. I then tried to find other people and I was hooked! I have now been able to go back to the 1600's with one of my lines due to wills and so on.

I wanted to see if I could find the father of one of my great aunts because she was born out of wedlock to my great grandmother - but no success there as yet.

I haven't done any research for quite a while because life gets in the way but intend to pick it up again now.
 
Back
Top