• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1880 Census

Stephen49.

LostCousins Superstar
In an 1880 Census I found
Page Number 32. Is this the same as the Page / Sheet Number & Letter.
Supervisory District Number 4
Enumeration District Number 208. Is this the same as the Roll / Affiliate Film Number.

I can't find any other numbers or letters.

I would be grateful for any help and guidance in this case.
 
Hi, do you want to put a link to what you've found and then we can see what you see?
 
Hello Tim, thank you for your message.
The first screenshot is what is needed to Add An Ancestor.
The second screenshot is on the 1880 census.
I'm sorry I'm a little confused, I'm not sure what to put in the Add An Ancestor.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-01-19 at 1.42.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2026-01-19 at 1.42.04 AM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2026-01-19 at 1.44.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2026-01-19 at 1.44.09 AM.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 11
In order to find the references needed, you need to provide more information (or a link to the entry, like Tim is asking).

I'm presuming it's the 1880 US Federal census, but I can't help without being able to locate the actual entry on Ancestry, which would require the name, place and age of the individual you're trying to add.
 
Back
Top