When trying the grey arrow to check a census reference with one of my 1841 households I found no result. Further investigation revealed I have an error in the book number.
For HO107 piece 5 book 34 (Toddington, Bedfordshire) has been split into 4 parts so the full references recognized by FindMyPast should include "34 Pt 1" ,"34 Pt 2", "34 Pt 3" and "34 Pt 4".
Using Advanced Search and browsing book numbers I have found a few other anomalies exist somewhere in the census but I have not checked the piece numbers. There is a Book 21 that has been split into six parts, a book "36 Pt 2" (but no Pt 1), and Book 39 with four parts. There is also a book "1 & 2".
These cause a problem when entering census details. The Lost Cousins online form only allows three characters for the book number but 7 are required in these cases with parts including spaces.
Some books are split into a and b or A and B, such as 10a, 10b, 3A and 3B. These do not cause any problems.
For HO107 piece 5 book 34 (Toddington, Bedfordshire) has been split into 4 parts so the full references recognized by FindMyPast should include "34 Pt 1" ,"34 Pt 2", "34 Pt 3" and "34 Pt 4".
Using Advanced Search and browsing book numbers I have found a few other anomalies exist somewhere in the census but I have not checked the piece numbers. There is a Book 21 that has been split into six parts, a book "36 Pt 2" (but no Pt 1), and Book 39 with four parts. There is also a book "1 & 2".
These cause a problem when entering census details. The Lost Cousins online form only allows three characters for the book number but 7 are required in these cases with parts including spaces.
Some books are split into a and b or A and B, such as 10a, 10b, 3A and 3B. These do not cause any problems.