• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1841 Ancestors not showing up via the Beta check it button

PK-KTK

LostCousins Member
I'm needing a bit of help / advice on why one of my 1841 Ancestor entries in the My Ancestors isn't showing up on Find My Past via the "check it" icon.

Barnes, Edward
1781 - - - 753/19/6/6 England & Wales 1841 88
Barnes, Ann
1781 - - - 753/19/6/6 England & Wales 1841 89

I know the button works, I've checked it with other 1841 census entries I have, so it can't be because I don't have a subscription to FMP. Details for all my ancestors has had to come from Ancestry since that's where I have a sub.
Could someone please take a sneaky peak and tell me what I may have mis-entered in this entry to cause it not to find itself when checked?
Thanks
 
In FMP it's been recorded as 753/20/6/6

But 19 is correct when you look at the image.

I've reported it at FMP for you.
 
Last edited:
In FMP it's been recorded as 753/20/6/6

But 19 is correct when you look at the image.

I've reported it at FMP for you.
Tim, it's debatable which is right - I've emailed TNA for a definitive answer. If you take another look you'll see that there seem to be two books numbered 19, then the next one is 21, so there was probably an error when the books were microfilmed. So Findmypast may be right - we'll have to see.

But I've suggested that for now PK-KTK uses the Ancestry numbers since that's what the microfilm shows.
 
I've had a preliminary response from TNA - they are definitely going to look into it. Pretty good service, eh!
 
Another family not matching between Ancestry and Find My Past

Fox, Henry
1804 - - - 782/8/6/7 England & Wales 1841 46
Fox, Ann
1806 - - - 782/8/6/7 England & Wales 1841 47
Fox, Harriet
1839 - - - 782/8/6/7 England & Wales 1841 23


Ancestry gives the transcription of

Name: Henry Fox
Age: 37
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1804
Gender: Male
Where born: Norfolk, England
Civil Parish: Heacham
Hundred: Smithdon
County/Island: Norfolk
Country: England
Street address:

Occupation:
bracketS.png

View image
Registration district: Docking
Sub-registration district: Snettisham
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 782
Book: 8
Folio: 6
Page Number: 7
Household Members:
Name Age
Henry Fox 37
Ann Fox 35
Harriet Fox 2


While Find My Past says that reference belongs to Docking Union Hunstanton Norfolk

I can find that Henry Fox does show up in Heacham on FMP, but with no sub, I can't check what FMP says the reference is
Henry Fox 1804 Norfolk Docking Union Heacham Norfolk

Pretty please, can someone check this one for me?
Thanks heaps!
 
In FMP it's been recorded as 782/6/6/7

Again the microfilm says 8

Census details
Family member first name HENRY, ANN, HARRIETT
Family member last name FOX
First name(s) Henry
Last name Fox
Gender Male
Age 37
Birth year 1804
Birth county Norfolk
Birth county as transcribed NORFOLK
Birth place (other) England
Street Sea View House
Parish or township Heacham
City or borough -
Town -
County Norfolk
Country England
Registration district Docking Union
Archive reference HO107
Piece number 782
Book number 6
Folio number 6
Page number 7
Record set 1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census
Category Census, land & surveys
Record collection Census
Collections from Great Britain
 
Back
Top