jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
The John Daborne whose will was proved 1558 was also married to an Elizabeth who was still alive when his will was written. Also named are Harry Chyttye alias Bocher and Robert Chyttye alias Bocher "my wifes bretheren".
John names 14 children in the will - John, Thomas, Peter, Henry, Robert, William, Nicholas, William, Frances (or Francis?), Elizabeth, Constans, Julian, Johane & Katheryn. (And it seems there really were two Williams as he later refers to them as "my eldest sonne of that name" and "my youngest sonne of that name".)
The number of children mentioned here makes me wonder if he might have been born earlier than 1520? And the potential for confusion between the different generations seems quite high!
That is a lot of children for a bloke who died in his 30s. I dug out the pedigree that I copied - it was created (according to it) from information on Wills, from Somerset House and Register offices. For that particular John Dawborne/Daborne - it doesn't give a birth, only a death - 1558. It does the same for his father John/Johannes - giving only a death, in his case 1549.
The pedigree is not without errors - it lists Maud as being a daughter of the younger John, rather than the elder and lists her marriages (to John Barlow and Richard Morris) in the wrong order. (Morris 1st and Barlow 2nd, when according to the records, it was Barlow 1st and Morris 2nd.) It also does not list all the children of any of the couples listed. For the elder Johannes it only gives John and "another son" - who had a son called Robert Dawborn (not to be mistaken for John jnr's son Robert Dawbarn) who was a dramatist. - who knows which of the sons in the Will had the other child called Robert, I haven't had any luck locating him in the records that I can access.
I'm working on getting a workable image of it, since I had to copy it out in two parts. I will share if I can photograph them flat and then line them up properly. (It's a two page pedigree and very dark - apparently my genealogical society has digitised it, so I will have to go back in and see if I can get a high quality scanned version of it - unfortunately it won't be this year, I think they close before I get off work for the year)
Congratulations on finding the transcription and thanks for posting it. It certainly makes your task a lot easier, but as Pauline says you need to be aware of errors, especially relating to names. I'd also picked up on the Audrey and Alice issues and agree with Pauline's comments on these.
Yes it was a reasonably lucky find, although I wasn't impressed to have to sign up for another site to get it. The same site also had a transcription of John the yngr's will as well, which also will be useful.
I've noticed in the records that Audrey's name was actually more often spelt "Awdrey"... (and the "Alyn" is actually "Allen" in more typical spellings!)