• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1000th Message Result

Did any one post the 1,000th message? - Or are you still checking to see if it met the guidelines? - or was it Peter himself!?!
 
It has been very difficult deciding who the winner of the competition was. The person who posted the 1000th message was actually one of the moderators, so he obviously couldn't be the prize winner. So now the question is whether we give the prize to the person who posted the message before, or the person who posted the message after.

We hope to have a winner soon - watch this space....
 
Put the names in a hat and pull out the winner ! ? !

Can the 999th person win when the 1000th message had not yet been posted? So should the 1001st win because that was posted after the 1000th?

OOOOOOhhhhhhhh what a difficult decision.

Should the moderator be the winner anyway? But don't give a prize and hold it over to the 2000th post and hope for better luck with that!
We will wait and see.
 
After much discussion it has been decided to award a free LostCousins subscription to BOTH members, so please welcome onto the podium:

Margery and JALimestonePlains

Congratulations to both of you - your LostCousins accounts have been updated.
 
After much discussion it has been decided to award a free LostCousins subscription to BOTH members, so please welcome onto the podium: Margery and JALimestonePlains Congratulations to both of you - your LostCousins accounts have been updated.

:) :) Hearty congratulations to the both of you, may your postings on this forum bring you many more rewards and happiness :) :)​
​
207.gif
 
Wow thank you Peter, it is most generous of you to do this. I am really thrilled:) Congratulations Margery. We are two lucky people:)
 
What a lovely new picture you are showing JA, such elegance.
Why thank you, my mother is now in her mid 90's - this was taken in Blackpool, no age on the back and she cannot quite remember the year it was taken.

Rather proud of her as at 93 years of age, and just after my father died, she decided to tackle the computer for the first time. Within a few months she was on Facebook, which she uses everyday to keep in touch with the family. As she is a bit of a night owl I can often catch her for a quick chat if I log on early enough in the morning.
 
Wow, that's impressive. I've only tried tackling Facebook once and was totally confused by all the messages by people I'd never heard of. She looks very young in the photo and if those are ankle socks, then I would say she wouldn't be more than about 16.
 
Wow, that's impressive. I've only tried tackling Facebook once and was totally confused by all the messages by people I'd never heard of. She looks very young in the photo and if those are ankle socks, then I would say she wouldn't be more than about 16.

I will ask her again how old she thinks she was when I catch her on Facebook tomorrow. Good clue about the ankle socks, well spotted.
 
Wow, that's impressive. I've only tried tackling Facebook once and was totally confused by all the messages by people I'd never heard of. She looks very young in the photo and if those are ankle socks, then I would say she wouldn't be more than about 16.

You should never normally see any messages from people you have never heard of on Facebook especially if you have only just signed up. If you login for the first time you shouldn't see any messages at all. Its only when you connect with family, friends and organisations that you see messages from those family, friends and organisations. The only time you'd see messages from people you don't know is if you post a public message to a someone on your friends list and they share it with their friends then one of their friends reply.

You would never get messages from random strangers, that's simply not how it works. Although that's how people think it works which is why they needlessly shy away from using the site. Try it its a really useful site to keep in touch with friends and family.
 
Back
Top