Just Martin
LostCousins Member
I wonder if anyone else has come across this kind of situation. I have an aunt I'm trying to trace. She was born in 1909 in Galway, but the family came over to Dover in 1921 and then Oxford a couple of years later.
If I look at the 1939 register, I have my grandfather (1881-1973), his wife (1903-2003) and my father (1913-2007). There is one closed record, which I strongly suspect is my missing aunt. But, why is it closed?
FindMyPast say that the records are subject to the 100 year rule unless proof of death is supplied. They also say that the closed records were for people who were still living in 1991. It's not clear whether that's 100 years previous to 1991 or a rolling century. I didn't have to apply for the other records to be opened.
I did try to use the form to apply to have the record opened, but the only form they have is the one that requires a copy of the death certificate. There doesn't seem to be an easy way of contacting support at FindMyPast
If I look at the 1939 register, I have my grandfather (1881-1973), his wife (1903-2003) and my father (1913-2007). There is one closed record, which I strongly suspect is my missing aunt. But, why is it closed?
FindMyPast say that the records are subject to the 100 year rule unless proof of death is supplied. They also say that the closed records were for people who were still living in 1991. It's not clear whether that's 100 years previous to 1991 or a rolling century. I didn't have to apply for the other records to be opened.
I did try to use the form to apply to have the record opened, but the only form they have is the one that requires a copy of the death certificate. There doesn't seem to be an easy way of contacting support at FindMyPast