• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

You never know when you'll meet a lost cousin....

Britjan

LostCousins Star
I had always thought I was the first of my family to venture across the pond to live in Canada but to my surprise I found that one of my gggf's was born in Canada in the 1830's although he returned to live in London. One of his cousins remained in Canada and a descendant went on to establish Warwick and Rutter who were famous in the early 1900's for their postcards. I have always been interested in postcards and I have a small collection of cards written by soldiers during WW I so I marked the date of the annual Toronto Post Card show on my calendar. Once there I got into conversation with the author of the definitive catalogue of Warwick postcards at his display and he said "Of course you know Rick." Well no I did not as I had never traced any living member of the Warwick family over here but within five minutes I was introduced to my fifth cousin, a direct descendant. Needless to say collecting some of the best of the Warwick cards is now a hobby of mine and I happen to work a stone's throw from the former Warwick factory and warehouse in downtown Toronto.
Anybody else meet a cousin when they weren't expecting it or developed a hobby from their research?
 
Now that I have mastered the art of linking here is one that includes a lot of the postcards . Unfortunately I can't edit out those which are not from Warwick and Rutter and the scary thing is that I can be pretty sure just by glancing at each image which is authentic.
 
Back
Top