Kate
LostCousins Member
As an offshoot of my family tree I have a family who left the Uk to go to Jersey between 1931 and 1939.
The father returned to England in Nov 1939 and had to apply to go back to his wife and 3 children after the war. He worked as a trolley bus driver in the UK and was a driver in Jersey.
I am wondering why they would have gone there as I can find no family links. Also why would he leave his family in November 1939 after war was declared?
I realise nobody will know exactly but wonder if anyone has any thoughts.
I know the wife survived the war as my great uncle visited her in Jersey after 1945. Sadly I didn't know about this in his life time, or I would have asked him this!!
The father returned to England in Nov 1939 and had to apply to go back to his wife and 3 children after the war. He worked as a trolley bus driver in the UK and was a driver in Jersey.
I am wondering why they would have gone there as I can find no family links. Also why would he leave his family in November 1939 after war was declared?
I realise nobody will know exactly but wonder if anyone has any thoughts.
I know the wife survived the war as my great uncle visited her in Jersey after 1945. Sadly I didn't know about this in his life time, or I would have asked him this!!