Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I have a copy of a 1784 Admon which is puzzling me. The intestate, John Everitt, was a widower and his surviving children were minors.
Administration was granted to John's brother Samuel Everitt, but what puzzles me is the note added to this: "during the Minority, and for the Benefit and Use of Sarah Everitt and William Everitt two of the children of the said Intestate"
Why would only 2 of his children be mentioned and not all of them? The wording seems to imply that there were other children besides Sarah and William, and I think there was a son John (my ancestor) then aged about 3.
The admon also notes that Samuel Everitt had been elected guardian of Sarah and William, but he seems also to have been guardian of John as his will (1793) appoints guardians for his nephew John.
(William & Sarah are not mentioned in Samuel's will - William died in 1785, and although I have yet to find Sarah, she could have been 21 by 1793.)
Administration was granted to John's brother Samuel Everitt, but what puzzles me is the note added to this: "during the Minority, and for the Benefit and Use of Sarah Everitt and William Everitt two of the children of the said Intestate"
Why would only 2 of his children be mentioned and not all of them? The wording seems to imply that there were other children besides Sarah and William, and I think there was a son John (my ancestor) then aged about 3.
The admon also notes that Samuel Everitt had been elected guardian of Sarah and William, but he seems also to have been guardian of John as his will (1793) appoints guardians for his nephew John.
(William & Sarah are not mentioned in Samuel's will - William died in 1785, and although I have yet to find Sarah, she could have been 21 by 1793.)