My DNA is on GedMatch and I have been emailed by a lady saying our DNA match,
Question: we do not understand what relation we are, I have read all Peter has written and more on the web, but it is as clear as mud. Help please.
Chr Start Location End Location Centimorgans (cM) SNPs
1 229,975,378 239,602,037 23.9 1,543
9 121,817,782 136,548,253 24.5 1,767
14 20,510,303 37,822,503 34.7 2,179
21 36,956,042 42,739,607 16.6 1,152
Largest segment = 34.7 cM
Total of segments > 7 cM = 99.7 cM
4 matching segments
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 3.6
294280 SNPs used for this comparison.
Question: we do not understand what relation we are, I have read all Peter has written and more on the web, but it is as clear as mud. Help please.
Chr Start Location End Location Centimorgans (cM) SNPs
1 229,975,378 239,602,037 23.9 1,543
9 121,817,782 136,548,253 24.5 1,767
14 20,510,303 37,822,503 34.7 2,179
21 36,956,042 42,739,607 16.6 1,152
Largest segment = 34.7 cM
Total of segments > 7 cM = 99.7 cM
4 matching segments
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 3.6
294280 SNPs used for this comparison.