jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
(this may not be the correct forum, please move it if necessary).
I was adding some more entries to LostCousins today with the brilliant help of the automatic upload feature of FTAnalyzer, and I came across an interesting match to another LostCousins member.
What are the odds of having a LostCousins member who is matched to both my maternal and paternal sides?
I was scanning through my list of links, adding notes as I always do, as to where the link was and whether or not the link was maternal or paternal, and I came across what looked like a duplicate entry - a possible relative/contact with the same initials and little flag who had been there previously (the note from previously mentions that their links attaches into one my maternal lines), and this time the link seemed to be from a paternal line.
Now, there is a distinct possibility that there are two LC members with the same initials who are both from the same country, but it was an interesting question to ask.
The maternal line in question is a West Midlands/Wales Borders (Gloucestershire for the most part) line and the paternal line is centred around Sussex.
For those who haven't come across me before - my maternal line is majority Welsh/English, mainly from the Welsh English border region, but with a couple of odd notes (Durham and Yorkshire with some seafarers and shipwrights), and my paternal roots, if you remove the large portion of Scottish/Ulster Irish and Jewish roots are from what seems like all over the place, and includes: Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Lincolnshire.
Now I would have said that perhaps there was a chance of overlap perhaps in the Yorkshire portion since that's really the only place my maternal and paternal lines cross, but neither of the lines in question have any links to Yorkshire.
Has anyone else had this possibility/chance occur to them?
I was adding some more entries to LostCousins today with the brilliant help of the automatic upload feature of FTAnalyzer, and I came across an interesting match to another LostCousins member.
What are the odds of having a LostCousins member who is matched to both my maternal and paternal sides?
I was scanning through my list of links, adding notes as I always do, as to where the link was and whether or not the link was maternal or paternal, and I came across what looked like a duplicate entry - a possible relative/contact with the same initials and little flag who had been there previously (the note from previously mentions that their links attaches into one my maternal lines), and this time the link seemed to be from a paternal line.
Now, there is a distinct possibility that there are two LC members with the same initials who are both from the same country, but it was an interesting question to ask.
The maternal line in question is a West Midlands/Wales Borders (Gloucestershire for the most part) line and the paternal line is centred around Sussex.
For those who haven't come across me before - my maternal line is majority Welsh/English, mainly from the Welsh English border region, but with a couple of odd notes (Durham and Yorkshire with some seafarers and shipwrights), and my paternal roots, if you remove the large portion of Scottish/Ulster Irish and Jewish roots are from what seems like all over the place, and includes: Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Lincolnshire.
Now I would have said that perhaps there was a chance of overlap perhaps in the Yorkshire portion since that's really the only place my maternal and paternal lines cross, but neither of the lines in question have any links to Yorkshire.
Has anyone else had this possibility/chance occur to them?