jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I was wondering if someone could help me with this marriage register. I came across it today (sometimes you have to like the repeated hints from Ancestry) and I'm really hoping that I'm right in thinking that it belongs to my 7x great grandparents, Robert Bransby and his wife Elizabeth (surname on the record, Walford).
I'm not completely sure, since the family lived in Lincolnshire, not Norfolk or Suffolk, but it's around the right time (their first child that I know about was born in 1667), and there aren't any likely marriages of a Robert Bransby and Elizabeth in any Lincolnshire records that I have managed to find.
Even if it's not my ancestors, I find this record interesting. The register (and seemingly the parson) were from Norfolk, but the marriage took place in Suffolk...
I would however like to know what the parish is where Elizabeth came from, I can't quite decipher it, and I'm not familiar enough with parishes to be able to guess. (Suffolk is not one of the counties which I have any experience with).
So does anyone have any idea what her parish is?
I'm not completely sure, since the family lived in Lincolnshire, not Norfolk or Suffolk, but it's around the right time (their first child that I know about was born in 1667), and there aren't any likely marriages of a Robert Bransby and Elizabeth in any Lincolnshire records that I have managed to find.
Even if it's not my ancestors, I find this record interesting. The register (and seemingly the parson) were from Norfolk, but the marriage took place in Suffolk...
I would however like to know what the parish is where Elizabeth came from, I can't quite decipher it, and I'm not familiar enough with parishes to be able to guess. (Suffolk is not one of the counties which I have any experience with).
So does anyone have any idea what her parish is?