• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Version 7.0.0 Available plus early MAC version available

Wow, it works! Yes, Lucy's read '3', but this didn't show up on her person page, so I followed your instructions, detached the phantom spouse, then created a single-person GEDCOM, uploaded to FTAnalyzer, and the error has disappeared!

Many thanks for your help with this. I had always just looked at the person page in FTM for evidence of phantom events, I didn't realise there were 'hidden' events only accessible from the tree view. I have certainly learnt something there, so thanks again.

I will now go and detach any phantom husbands from the other 36 women, and hopefully it will sort out the problem completely.

Oh good - I would then check for phantom marriages as well, just in case. (I think detaching the phantom spouses is what creates those types of marriages and thus more errors in FTA!)
 
Really good to hear. That should help tidy up your tree by getting rid of those fake spouses.

Note I've released a new v1.0.4.2 that includes the research suggestions tab that shows who you've yet to find on a census and allows you to double click to search for that person online. It also shows who you've found in a Lost Cousins year but haven't recorded a Lost Cousins fact. Thus nudging you to enter more onto the Lost Cousins website.
I've now removed all the fake spouses following jorghes' excellent instructions and errors in FTAnalyzer have now all disappeared. FTAnalyzer has proved invaluable in spotting these 'invisible' errors. I have just downloaded v1.0.4.2 and look forward to trying this out. I have entered lots of relatives on the Lost Cousins site but not recorded them as Lost Cousins facts in my FTM tree, so that's another job on the 'to do' list.
 
Oh good - I would then check for phantom marriages as well, just in case. (I think detaching the phantom spouses is what creates those types of marriages and thus more errors in FTA!)
Good point, but as the errors have disappeared from FTA it's probably OK for the moment (I hope!). But it's certainly something to keep an eye out for in future when syncing with Ancestry. Thanks again for your help.
 
Good point, but as the errors have disappeared from FTA it's probably OK for the moment (I hope!). But it's certainly something to keep an eye out for in future when syncing with Ancestry. Thanks again for your help.

No problems, I was happy to help.
 
I have had this problem which I attributed to a sync failure and used the "spouse count" to correct some. I also noticed that using the "List of all people" drop-down entry of "Find Person" on the Ancestry tree display resulted in a corresponding number of people with just a "," at the start of the list.

Phil
 
Back
Top