• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Three Compasses in Patchetts Green, near Aldenham in Hertfordshire.

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
Apparently the trick is to freeze the tofu then cut your cubes.
If it is tofu in the picture then it clearly isn't the menu item originally suggested, which might explain the other mismatches. I don't think we're any closer to figuring it out - the one thing we seem to agree on is how unappetising it looks!
 
I agree that the large item on the board looks like a strip of fat, but if that is the case, what's it doing there?
I think it could be the Portobello mushroom, somewhat foreshortened in the picture. It's the right colour ...
 
then it clearly isn't the menu item originally suggested
I don't think the photo shows anything on the menu.
I think it is just a photo of fancy food to try to entice people to visit the pub.
If you click to save image it is named 'img-little-lpine-sunday-lunch.jpg' and that is not a dish on the Sunday lunch menu.
Roast Beef
Roast Beef Roast topside of grass fed Irish beef 19
Roast Chicken
Roast free range chicken roasted on the crown 17
(V) Nut Roast
Definitely contains nuts! 14

I don't think any of the main course photos look like anything on the menu.

The square things in the photo look like potatoes and I do not know what the funny thing on the smear is or looks like.
 
I don't think any of the main course photos look like anything on the menu.
Having gone back to the website and spotted another photo made me wonder 'what do you think this mess is?'
ThreeCompasses.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top