jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I am wondering if anyone has been able to removed Ancestry's "phantom" hints from their list.
I am starting to get sick of the phantom hints, as I try to clear those little "shaky leaves" from people and they remain, because of the grayed out hint which won't go away!
I have noticed that more and more when I add a new person to my tree, and the first lot of hints are brought up, there is actually a phantom hint in the list already!
The other thing which annoys me is the duplicate hints - particularly photos that randomly appear. It can get to the point where I have ignored the same photos/hints (some already connected to my tree) 4... 5 or 6 times, occasionally in one sitting!
While I do love Ancestry's hints as frequently they're right on the money, and most of them, most of the time are completely accurate (even if you haven't discovered that that ancestor did marry that man at the time they appear) - although once you've cleared the accurate bunch they tend to get wildly inaccurate from that time in, from giving 18th century hints for people living in the 20th century, and randomly giving hints from England for a relative who was born and died in Australia.
Anyone else having these issues (and any signs of fixes?)
I am starting to get sick of the phantom hints, as I try to clear those little "shaky leaves" from people and they remain, because of the grayed out hint which won't go away!
I have noticed that more and more when I add a new person to my tree, and the first lot of hints are brought up, there is actually a phantom hint in the list already!
The other thing which annoys me is the duplicate hints - particularly photos that randomly appear. It can get to the point where I have ignored the same photos/hints (some already connected to my tree) 4... 5 or 6 times, occasionally in one sitting!
While I do love Ancestry's hints as frequently they're right on the money, and most of them, most of the time are completely accurate (even if you haven't discovered that that ancestor did marry that man at the time they appear) - although once you've cleared the accurate bunch they tend to get wildly inaccurate from that time in, from giving 18th century hints for people living in the 20th century, and randomly giving hints from England for a relative who was born and died in Australia.
Anyone else having these issues (and any signs of fixes?)