John Bradford
LostCousins Member
I worked for H Bradford & Sons Ltd for many years and wanted to know who H Bradford was. It turns out he was my great grandfather Henry Bradford (1835-1915). You'll all appreciate the excitement when I found my first document at St. Catherine's House in the mid-seventies - his marriage certificate. And from that I learned that he was a widower so I possibly had a parallel family somewhere.
And next I learned that the ancient business card that the company used as advertising material belonged to Henry's father John Bradford (1806-1865). He'd presumably had that printed to mark his move from Bride Lane, Fleet Street to Shacklewell Lane, Dalston in the 1850s.
Thus was I hooked!
And next I learned that the ancient business card that the company used as advertising material belonged to Henry's father John Bradford (1806-1865). He'd presumably had that printed to mark his move from Bride Lane, Fleet Street to Shacklewell Lane, Dalston in the 1850s.
Thus was I hooked!