• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Suggestions for FTAnalyzer

Hi Alexander,

Was just thinking about your Families tab report. I don't know about other people, but I quite often use the search sites by just putting in the parents names and seeing what names of children come up in the search results, to find children born to the couple but then don't appear on the next census/s.

Would it be feasible from the family tab to double click on a line, and have the parent names and date range added to the website search criteria and then the search performed?

I do this type of search on IGI and Ancestry at the moment, I'll have to look to see if it can be done at FMP.


There is an IGI search facility in the program at present that worked with the old search that did precisely this it would trawl through your tree and fetch from family search web page results of everyone in your tree looking for children of those parents. However it doesn't work with the new search...yet!
 
There is an IGI search facility in the program at present that worked with the old search that did precisely this it would trawl through your tree and fetch from family search web page results of everyone in your tree looking for children of those parents. However it doesn't work with the new search...yet!

Awesome :)
 
As an example for the use of being able to get data out of the gedcom and into excel.

I have created a new custom fact called Children Status. This contains the information that's given on the 1911 census; that shows how many children born alive, how many still living and how many had died. I use this to establish and verify that I have captured all the children for that couple. So now, I need to know who has this fact added and who hasn't (who was alive in 1911 census), so that I know who to add this fact to and then check the number of children.

View attachment 293


Hmm interesting idea. It should be possible to create a report of people with that fact and perhaps to parse the numbers vs the children and report differences. I'll look into it.
 
Hmm interesting idea. It should be possible to create a report of people with that fact and perhaps to parse the numbers vs the children and report differences. I'll look into it.

Thank you Alexander.

Perhaps the other thing we should do is to make a list of Custom Facts used in your program and the format it expects, so that new users could create the Custom Facts in their tree and gain further advantage from FTAnalyzer?

e.g. New Custom Facts
"Lost Cousins", date format yyyy
"Children Status", date format yyyy, description format "xx Total, xx Alive, xx Dead"
 
Yes a custom facts page on the documentation is a good idea. It would need a list of what they are and why you should create them, with perhaps a link to how to do it on various FHPs.
 
Shouldn't the Child Age Profiles report be the Parent Age report? Some LostCousins members seem to be using the Older Parents report to provide the data I've asked for.
 
Alex: every time I open FTA my computer tries to connect with a Polish domain called Unizeto. It can't because of my security ban on unrecognized sites. Should I enable it?
 
Shouldn't the Child Age Profiles report be the Parent Age report? Some LostCousins members seem to be using the Older Parents report to provide the data I've asked for.
I can rename it for the next version.

Alex: every time I open FTA my computer tries to connect with a Polish domain called Unizeto. It can't because of my security ban on unrecognized sites. Should I enable it?

The certificate authority that approved my certificate are based in Poland. It shouldn't have to connect to their site to verify it though. That sounds like you haven't installed the Root Certificates Patch from Microsoft via the Windows Updates. The Root Certificates Update was listed as an optional update last time I looked, so you may have to browse the optional updates and tick it to get the patch.
 
Back
Top