kiwilong
LostCousins Member
Hello.
I struggle with understanding DNA and would welcome advice regarding the following please.
I am male and have a 2nd female cousin and we are descended from a common great grandfather.
However we each have an individual great grandmother, a blood relative.
How would this situation affect our shared DNA and relationship, ie, second cousins or half second cousins?
I think we may have an amount of DNA, subject to normal variations, as if our great grandmothers were the same person, ie, a normal family relationship but I can't figure it out.
I would really appreciate some advice.
kiwilong
I struggle with understanding DNA and would welcome advice regarding the following please.
I am male and have a 2nd female cousin and we are descended from a common great grandfather.
However we each have an individual great grandmother, a blood relative.
How would this situation affect our shared DNA and relationship, ie, second cousins or half second cousins?
I think we may have an amount of DNA, subject to normal variations, as if our great grandmothers were the same person, ie, a normal family relationship but I can't figure it out.
I would really appreciate some advice.
kiwilong