My Grandfather would almost always say to visitors to his home "We're all friends here, you'll be asked once and then you help yourself". It was something we heard day in and day out and I didn't think much about it until I found Quaker connections going back to 1659, a marriage between William Farrer and Mary Dixon in Greyrigge, Kendal (Greyrigg). It's not my direct line and I can't yet find a connection but because the names of people who married into and out of this line and mine are so similar (and perhaps unusual or possibly regional) I think there must be a connection. I have photos of people on the Quaker line and the similarities between them and our line are remarkable.
William James Farrer (1845 - 1906), known as "the man who fed Australia" is a dead ringer for my Great-Grandfather Farrer, they could be twins but they aren't. One day I will go to the Farrer district of Canberra to see William's statue and to lay flowers on his grave ..... it's just one reason to do a round the world trip.
William James's mother was a lady names Sarah Brunskill and the Brunskill family appear in my own branch of the tree - either as relatives by marriage or in property dealings. I have not established who many Farrers and how many Brunskills there are in the correct area over time and I should do so just in case they were common regional last names.