Jennie
LostCousins Member
The UK Pub History
The pub history site now covers all of Essex, London, Kent, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Middlesex, Suffolk, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Sussex, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Devon, Somerset and parts of Lincoln and Leicester - not bad, ey? [I quote]
You can search by surname, street address, or public house name. There are nearly 50,000 pages of pub history detail in this search engine; which is mainly historical. New pubs and additional detail is added every day, and the search engine updates weekly. [I quote]
Although I do not have any Publicans on my tree, only Beers Sellers, I found this site interesting and searched to see if the the haunts of my younger days were listed. Yes, they are! One was, Dirty Dicks, with its unusual concept of interior decoration of 202 Bishopsgate, Bishopsgate EC2M 4NR and its history and photographs.
The pub history site now covers all of Essex, London, Kent, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Middlesex, Suffolk, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Sussex, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Devon, Somerset and parts of Lincoln and Leicester - not bad, ey? [I quote]
You can search by surname, street address, or public house name. There are nearly 50,000 pages of pub history detail in this search engine; which is mainly historical. New pubs and additional detail is added every day, and the search engine updates weekly. [I quote]
Although I do not have any Publicans on my tree, only Beers Sellers, I found this site interesting and searched to see if the the haunts of my younger days were listed. Yes, they are! One was, Dirty Dicks, with its unusual concept of interior decoration of 202 Bishopsgate, Bishopsgate EC2M 4NR and its history and photographs.

