• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Problem with the Lost Cousins website

TonyC

LostCousins Member
Every time I try to log on to the LC website it keeps reloading once I've input my email address so I can't enter my password. I can get round the problem by stopping the reload if I can catch it on X rather than ↻.

It's an irritation rather than a major issue, but it only occurs on the LC website.

Any ideas?
 
It's very unlikely to be anything to do with LostCousins as I'm sure you'll find if you try a different browser (which is usually the solution to problems at any website), or use a different device.

When things like that happen people will generally tell you to clear your browser cache, and if that doesn't work clear your cookies (which I avoid doing if possible). Browser extensions can also create problems.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I clear my cache and cookies every day when I shut down, so it was unlikely to be that, but testing across multiple devices and browsers, it looks as though it may be a problem with the LastPass browser extension. I'll play a bit more over the next few days and see if that's the case.

Many thanks for the tip.
 
I have the LastPass browser extension on Edge and Chrome on the PC, and Chrome on the laptop, but not Edge, and Edge on the laptop is where I don't have the problem. I also have a Malwarebytes extension and some sort of Malwarebytes browser guard on the PC so I need to set something up without extensions and then gradually add them and see whether there's an obvious culprit!
 
Back
Top