• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Pro Tools & New format DNA Match Lists

I'm sure clustering is useful for some people - but it has never worked for me.

I try it every time, and its not super helpful for me either. The Genetic Affairs/MyHeritage version is better than the Ancestry one, but its still not super helpful to me.

Did you try out the new matrix tool at DNA painter? I've found some *very* good uses for that - I've been working on a stubborn match case and between the matrix tool and BanyanDNA, I darn near solved it with a surprise adoptee we didn't know about. Just waiting for confirmation from the match in Germany. (but that probably should be another thread ;-) )
 
Did you try out the new matrix tool at DNA painter?
I don't currently don't use any tools other than the ones that Ancestry provide. I take the view that if they're really useful Ancestry will provide them eventually, in which case it's probably better to focus for now on the many 'brick walls' which are outside the range of DNA.
 
Back
Top