I read on the forum about people liking the printed reports from one FHS compared to another, and others who always print off a census when they find it.
But I don't print anything out. Am I the only one that doesn't print?
I'm happy to run the reports and view them on the screen, but why would I want to print it? Maybe it's my design background, from work it's always been drummed into us that as soon as you print something off, then its potentially out of date. Now obviously census's don't change, but why the need to print it? I used to cut and paste the census info into Notes on my old software but my current one (FTM2012) adds all the data to all the family members selected and adds a copy of the image as part of the source citation, and I can view the image whether I'm online or offline.
Is it old habits that are just too hard to die?
I just think of all the extra time it takes to print and file, and then there's the money, paper and ink cartridges?!
There is even software now where you can scribble notes, add links, copy reports to etc, basically a notepad with the extra ability of you to search it.
So what are you and why, do you print or do you not?
But I don't print anything out. Am I the only one that doesn't print?
I'm happy to run the reports and view them on the screen, but why would I want to print it? Maybe it's my design background, from work it's always been drummed into us that as soon as you print something off, then its potentially out of date. Now obviously census's don't change, but why the need to print it? I used to cut and paste the census info into Notes on my old software but my current one (FTM2012) adds all the data to all the family members selected and adds a copy of the image as part of the source citation, and I can view the image whether I'm online or offline.
Is it old habits that are just too hard to die?
I just think of all the extra time it takes to print and file, and then there's the money, paper and ink cartridges?!
There is even software now where you can scribble notes, add links, copy reports to etc, basically a notepad with the extra ability of you to search it.
So what are you and why, do you print or do you not?