I have found this database extremely useful for researching 16th and 17th century persons. As usual with Ancestry the image quality is excellent but indexing haphazard; I find that it is best to look for wills using TNA's Discovery and then use the date of probate to search on Ancestry.
But I have found that one batch of wills, PROB11/42A formerly quire Welles, is completely missing from the index (there seems to be no way of checking whether the images are there without using the index). i contacted Ancestry "Customer Solutions" in April and they have "escalated this to our developers for further investigation" but I have heard no more.
I am wondering whether anyone else has found batches missing from this database or can suggest ways to accelerate action by Ancestry.
But I have found that one batch of wills, PROB11/42A formerly quire Welles, is completely missing from the index (there seems to be no way of checking whether the images are there without using the index). i contacted Ancestry "Customer Solutions" in April and they have "escalated this to our developers for further investigation" but I have heard no more.
I am wondering whether anyone else has found batches missing from this database or can suggest ways to accelerate action by Ancestry.