A
At home in NZ
Guest
Thanks Peter for providing the links to the fascinating history of the biscuit factory.
I have often Googled Peek Frean biscuit factory but somehow it never struck gold.
I remember commuting by train from London Bridge Station and seeing the Peek Frean sign on the building shortly after leaving the station.
I came to live in NZ in 1973 but never returned until 2004, I took a train on a nostalgic trip from London Bridge to where I used to live, the Peek Frean sign had gone and nobody I spoke to could remember the biscuits.
I remember them vividly, they were the only brand of biscuits mum would have in the house, my favourite being the bourbon.
Mum's favourite was the custard cream, I was not a fan.
Looking at the illustrations in the links, I saw 'petite beurre' which I had forgotten about, my mouth could almost feel the taste as I looked at the picture, they were the best plain biscuits ever!
The tin in the centre of attachment was instantly recognisable as the tin my mum has used for some of her sewing equipment. I am now scratching my head to remember what happened to it. I am sure she brought it to NZ and possibly took it with her when she moved to Brisbane
I have often Googled Peek Frean biscuit factory but somehow it never struck gold.
I remember commuting by train from London Bridge Station and seeing the Peek Frean sign on the building shortly after leaving the station.
I came to live in NZ in 1973 but never returned until 2004, I took a train on a nostalgic trip from London Bridge to where I used to live, the Peek Frean sign had gone and nobody I spoke to could remember the biscuits.
I remember them vividly, they were the only brand of biscuits mum would have in the house, my favourite being the bourbon.
Mum's favourite was the custard cream, I was not a fan.
Looking at the illustrations in the links, I saw 'petite beurre' which I had forgotten about, my mouth could almost feel the taste as I looked at the picture, they were the best plain biscuits ever!
The tin in the centre of attachment was instantly recognisable as the tin my mum has used for some of her sewing equipment. I am now scratching my head to remember what happened to it. I am sure she brought it to NZ and possibly took it with her when she moved to Brisbane