AngelaC
LostCousins Member
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before - I couldn't find anything similar. I'm also sorry if this is very obvious - it just isn't to me!
My puzzle arises when I'm looking at shared matches. I have a DNA match "A" with whom I share 19cM. If I look at her shared matches, "B" appears in the (very short) list. I share 22 cM with him I think. However, if I look at "B"s shared matches, "A" doesn't appear. Is this something to do with the 20cM limit? If so, I clearly am not understanding it!
If some kind and patient soul could explain what I am seeing, I would really appreaciate it since, to my simple mind, if B is in "'a shared list then A should be in B's ....
My puzzle arises when I'm looking at shared matches. I have a DNA match "A" with whom I share 19cM. If I look at her shared matches, "B" appears in the (very short) list. I share 22 cM with him I think. However, if I look at "B"s shared matches, "A" doesn't appear. Is this something to do with the 20cM limit? If so, I clearly am not understanding it!
If some kind and patient soul could explain what I am seeing, I would really appreaciate it since, to my simple mind, if B is in "'a shared list then A should be in B's ....