• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Occasional certificates

Rhian

LostCousins Member
In the last newsletter there was mention of Occasional certificates which intrigued me.

I was later reading a forum post and found a discussion about such a certificate. The member in question has a copy of the occasional certificate but could also get the original. Both entries on the GRO search do not list the mothers name although the certificate held by the member does have her name, it seems strange it was not listed in the index.
 
Based on the certificates I've seen so far, the GRO have indexed births based on the original registration not on the updated information. I'm not sure what the logic of that is but I'm trying to find out.

More in the next newsletter....
 
Back
Top