Emmyw
LostCousins Member
Hi all
Just curious about the following:
"But perhaps most poignant is the case of the unnamed member who would have won one of the top prizes had not the ‘winning’ entry been disqualified because the information entered didn’t match the census. It’s so easy to check your entries using the arrows provided* – you only need to click one arrow per household – and since incorrect entries can’t possibly match with your cousins’ entries, isn’t it worth spending a few seconds extra to make sure your entry is correct?"
I understand that most of my entries were incorrect, but I am not sure which ones, and which piece was wrong, so I can't check the specifics. I am using Ancestry, and from an example I found this morning, the name was Bonett - the correct name was Barrett (as used on FindmyPast). This was the 1939 register, but I doubt that the differences are restricted to this year.
I would be interested in your comments.
Margery
Just curious about the following:
"But perhaps most poignant is the case of the unnamed member who would have won one of the top prizes had not the ‘winning’ entry been disqualified because the information entered didn’t match the census. It’s so easy to check your entries using the arrows provided* – you only need to click one arrow per household – and since incorrect entries can’t possibly match with your cousins’ entries, isn’t it worth spending a few seconds extra to make sure your entry is correct?"
I understand that most of my entries were incorrect, but I am not sure which ones, and which piece was wrong, so I can't check the specifics. I am using Ancestry, and from an example I found this morning, the name was Bonett - the correct name was Barrett (as used on FindmyPast). This was the 1939 register, but I doubt that the differences are restricted to this year.
I would be interested in your comments.
Margery