I have been in a so far fruitless discussion with MH support for the last few days. Just wondering if anyone here might know the answer to what I thought was a simple question.
When I get a new match, it is flagged as 'NEW' in my match list. Does anyone know for how long the 'NEW' flag persists?
I ask because I want to know how often I need to check for new matches and be able to spot them easily.
I know that I can sort all of my matches by 'most recent', but I am only interested in new matches sharing at least 30 cM with me (or my cousin, whose DNA I manage), and as far as I can see there is no way to filter the list to find those. So, I believe I need to scroll through the first few pages of my list to find any 'NEW' matches of interest, or scroll through all of the 'NEW' matches to spot them. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, though!
Btw I know that Ancestry has a much superior offer, which is why I tested there and uploaded elsewhere. It so happens that I have several fairly close cousins (with proven relationships via the paper trail) that have only tested with MH, however, hence my interest in monitoring new matches there and especially shared matches with those cousins.
Thanks for any advice. MH support seem only to be able to copy and paste their help pages, which I have already read.
When I get a new match, it is flagged as 'NEW' in my match list. Does anyone know for how long the 'NEW' flag persists?
I ask because I want to know how often I need to check for new matches and be able to spot them easily.
I know that I can sort all of my matches by 'most recent', but I am only interested in new matches sharing at least 30 cM with me (or my cousin, whose DNA I manage), and as far as I can see there is no way to filter the list to find those. So, I believe I need to scroll through the first few pages of my list to find any 'NEW' matches of interest, or scroll through all of the 'NEW' matches to spot them. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, though!
Btw I know that Ancestry has a much superior offer, which is why I tested there and uploaded elsewhere. It so happens that I have several fairly close cousins (with proven relationships via the paper trail) that have only tested with MH, however, hence my interest in monitoring new matches there and especially shared matches with those cousins.
Thanks for any advice. MH support seem only to be able to copy and paste their help pages, which I have already read.