Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I have great affinity for Worcestershire as I do with Warwickshire. For the best part of the 20th Century a large part of both my paternal and maternal ancestors lived in Warwickshire (For that read Birmingham, or the environs that would become Birmingham: such places as Aston, Kings Norton and others of their ilk). As I explored further back it became evident that many had gravitated from Worcestershire and only towards the end of the 19th Century had they made the move to Birmingham to seek work. Not all mind, as some remained as Market Gardeners and Builders in Worcester itself.
Later research showed my paternal line had originated in Scotland and moved to Worcestershire sometime in the 18th Century, probably after the Jacobite Rising of 1745. Others of the clan having moved to Leicestershire and a few emigrated to America & Canada. My own paternal line however were by the early 1800's firmly ensconced in Worcestershire.
My maternal line origins are to a large part wholly Worcestershire based -give or take a few marriages from further afield. A good deal from the St John's district of Worcester and the remainder from a myriad of Worcestershire villages.
When I began my research my elderly relations all said I would find we originated from Worcestershire. Some years further down the road I have to say I have no argument with that.
Later research showed my paternal line had originated in Scotland and moved to Worcestershire sometime in the 18th Century, probably after the Jacobite Rising of 1745. Others of the clan having moved to Leicestershire and a few emigrated to America & Canada. My own paternal line however were by the early 1800's firmly ensconced in Worcestershire.
My maternal line origins are to a large part wholly Worcestershire based -give or take a few marriages from further afield. A good deal from the St John's district of Worcester and the remainder from a myriad of Worcestershire villages.
When I began my research my elderly relations all said I would find we originated from Worcestershire. Some years further down the road I have to say I have no argument with that.