Earle
New Member
Hi my name is Earle and I am from Australia, when my grandfather died I was 22 and I knew nothing about where he came from. I talked to his brother at the funeral and he told me we came from Essex or Sussex to South Australia in 1856 then to Ballarat, Victoria then to Newcastle, New South Wales. My grandmother told me she came to Australia in 1912 she was on her way here when the Titanic sank, she came from Stafforshire and had lived in America before she came here. My Father in ew very little about our family tree, my Mother was a WWII war bride and came to Australia in 1946, she was from Durham and she told me all about her side of the family back to the 1840. I had a wonderful start with my Family History with over a 100 ancestors and I had to put it all on paper in those days until I got my first computer in 1991. I'm still at it 44 years later with over 24,000 people in my Family Tree, I am still enjoying it and still finding new people & photos. I just got a photo last month of my maternal grandmother from a lost cousin that my Mother has never seen, you never know what you are going to find tomorrow.
All the best to everyone here for Christmas and the New Year.
All the best to everyone here for Christmas and the New Year.
Last edited by a moderator: