Carla
LostCousins Star
It's been some time since I have used this forum and I forgot what a great source of help and information is within it! Time flies when other personal stuff gets in the way of your research, so hello again to everyone 
Anyway, over the last month I have been trying to get back in to the swing of checking and rechecking my research before I start an ambitious project for 2020, (and I must say what a fabulous help FT Analyzer is!). I have always dreamt of creating my own web site with all my family information on it. I want to be able to show digital records I've amassed, photos, stories and my family tree, plus more details I can't even think of now.
My question is where do I start? I would like something user friendly, easy for visitors to orientate, stand alone, secure of course, and somewhere I can maybe blog my research as it happens. Most important is to show my records and research. Has anyone done this already and if so did you pay or use a free site? I keep my private tree on Ancestry and one on Genes Reunited, and as yet dont have any other programs installed to keep my tree information.
Any advice gratefully received.
Anyway, over the last month I have been trying to get back in to the swing of checking and rechecking my research before I start an ambitious project for 2020, (and I must say what a fabulous help FT Analyzer is!). I have always dreamt of creating my own web site with all my family information on it. I want to be able to show digital records I've amassed, photos, stories and my family tree, plus more details I can't even think of now.
My question is where do I start? I would like something user friendly, easy for visitors to orientate, stand alone, secure of course, and somewhere I can maybe blog my research as it happens. Most important is to show my records and research. Has anyone done this already and if so did you pay or use a free site? I keep my private tree on Ancestry and one on Genes Reunited, and as yet dont have any other programs installed to keep my tree information.
Any advice gratefully received.