• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My GGF the celebrity

I like to tell people I am related to two Kings. However, they were Rachel and Mary (both my great great grandmothers) and their siblings married....... Not really a regal connection, is it?o_O
 
Several years ago I was reading Fire Down Below, the first book in a trilogy by William Golding, and suddenly on page 158 I came upon Dismal Jimmy. Much to my amazement I discovered that said dismal gentleman was my 3xgreat-granduncle, Admiral James Gambier, a gentleman apparently of almost morbid, religious principle.
 
Back
Top