kiwilong
LostCousins Member
Hello all.
I wonder if I may find some help finding 3 x 3 great aunts.
My 3 x great grand parents, Jonathan and Mary Ogden baptised six children at Manchester Cathedral.
3 were males and all easily traced in records, John, David (my 2 x great grandfather) and Jonathan who died aged 4 months old.
The girls however don't appear to get married or even die. Following is what I know of them:-
Mary baptised 25th Dec 1819. No further records.
Martha baptised 20th Oct 1822 and who appears in the 1841 census with parents and younger sister. Note that in this record Martha is named incorrectly as Matilda. No further records found.
Elizabeth baptised 1st Jan1826 and appears in the 1841 census and again in 1851 census with widowed mother and eldest brother, John W Ogden. No further records found for Elizabeth.
When the baptisms took place Jonathan was a Dyer but by 1841 was a School Master which apparently was quite possible.
When the 2 boys married they named their father as Jonathan and a School Master. When Jonathan died Mary stated his occupation as formally a Dyer.
I've searched for marriages, deaths and census records for the 3 girls without success. It seems unlikely that all 3 emigrated but with my limited experience searching passenger lists in the first half of the 1800's no luck anyway.
A DNA test with Ancestry has been a great success with several of my brick walls but not with the "Aunts".
Any ideas and assistance would be great.
Thanks.
kiwilong.
I wonder if I may find some help finding 3 x 3 great aunts.
My 3 x great grand parents, Jonathan and Mary Ogden baptised six children at Manchester Cathedral.
3 were males and all easily traced in records, John, David (my 2 x great grandfather) and Jonathan who died aged 4 months old.
The girls however don't appear to get married or even die. Following is what I know of them:-
Mary baptised 25th Dec 1819. No further records.
Martha baptised 20th Oct 1822 and who appears in the 1841 census with parents and younger sister. Note that in this record Martha is named incorrectly as Matilda. No further records found.
Elizabeth baptised 1st Jan1826 and appears in the 1841 census and again in 1851 census with widowed mother and eldest brother, John W Ogden. No further records found for Elizabeth.
When the baptisms took place Jonathan was a Dyer but by 1841 was a School Master which apparently was quite possible.
When the 2 boys married they named their father as Jonathan and a School Master. When Jonathan died Mary stated his occupation as formally a Dyer.
I've searched for marriages, deaths and census records for the 3 girls without success. It seems unlikely that all 3 emigrated but with my limited experience searching passenger lists in the first half of the 1800's no luck anyway.
A DNA test with Ancestry has been a great success with several of my brick walls but not with the "Aunts".
Any ideas and assistance would be great.
Thanks.
kiwilong.