• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Member versus Lost Cousins Member

Gillian

LostCousins Star
I'm sorry if I've missed the point somewhere, but what is the difference between a Member and a Lost Cousins Member in discussions?
 
A Lost Cousins member has added the code from the Lost Cousins site to their profile.

A member hasn't.
 
At present Gillian there are no special privileges awarded to Lost Cousins Member status. The plan is to have additional benefits for Lost Cousins members once the forums go live, as an additional reward for being a member. As Tim mentions there is a special coupon code on your Lost Cousins "My Summary" page at the bottom of the first light blue block.

To enter your code click on your forum name at the top right of the forum on the dark blue bar and select Personal Details from the menu. Then enter the coupon code there.
 
Thank you very much Alexander and Tim. I'd got very behind with Lost Cousins during the summer and am only gradually getting back into the flow of things. Now I've added both my coupon code and my membership no. to my Personal Details.
 
Hmm it's not showing a change of status for you yet. I can't recall if its instant or you need to log out and back in. I'll have a look. You did remember to click save at the bottom of the Personal Details page on the forum?
 
Hi Gillian, sorry my first answer was brief, I was on the iPad and its a bit restrictive on what you can easily do in these message boxes.

I'm happy to say that I can see you as a Lost Cousins Member now. :)
 
Your coupon code is: NOT YET AVAILABLE (you need to enter more relatives)

Boo hoo!
How many relatives do I need for a code?
 
Peter should be able to tell us what the figure is set at.

FTA is the way to go, start with the 1881 census reports, these are normally the easiest to add and, the ones that you're most likely to find a Lost Cousin!
 
Back
Top