• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Meeting Lost Cousins

Meg

New Member
Yes I have met a lost cousin and in fact a lost Aunt .
My dad met his father.
When I began family history I went in search of my fraternal grandfather with no success. One night in frustration I typed my grandfather's name in a google search. Up came an old posting 4 years old with someone looking for him. I emailed the person concerned.
A reply came back asking what relation he was. "Grandfather" I replied. His response was that he was "all accounted for" but he offered to see if there was a connection with the family if I sent hard evidence. I sent the marriage certificate and a photo.
The next email was different. " Wow you are right" He informed me I had many cousins and also an aunt alive. He encouraged me to visit Perth Western Australia.
My husband and I were going on a cruise departing from Western Australia and on telling him this we found we had booked the same cruise were on the same deck . We had 46 nights to get to know each other.
On return Ron organised a family get together. I met many family and visited my grandfather's grave as well as meeting my aunt.
My 83 yr old mother came to Australia on holiday and I took her to meet dad's family. She met her sister in law for the first time. We all keep in touch. I only wish that Dad had met the family he never knew he had.
 
Back
Top