A
At home in NZ
Guest
I have raised this under 'Surrey' because at the time the notices were written Southwark was in Surrey.
I cannot remember how long I've had this bookmarked or how I found it, it is a set of records that are not transcribed and I found them fascinating because they are registrations of intended marriage.
All those I have looked at were not intended to be Anglican Church marriages, there is a mix of Catholic, Tabernacle and other 'non conformist' religions.
It covers the period 23 Oct 1838 to 23 May 1856 therefore it could be useful for ascertaining where somebody actually did marry, if the registration district is Southwark or adjacent thereto.
You can find the book in this link: the Marriage Notice Book
I cannot remember how long I've had this bookmarked or how I found it, it is a set of records that are not transcribed and I found them fascinating because they are registrations of intended marriage.
All those I have looked at were not intended to be Anglican Church marriages, there is a mix of Catholic, Tabernacle and other 'non conformist' religions.
It covers the period 23 Oct 1838 to 23 May 1856 therefore it could be useful for ascertaining where somebody actually did marry, if the registration district is Southwark or adjacent thereto.
You can find the book in this link: the Marriage Notice Book