It certainly looks like "living"to me. Less common that putting "deceased" where it applies, but still recording the same information. Presumably it would apply to both fathers?
Is the full entry online? And the entry from the church register too? Deciphering hand writing is easier if there is more to compare it with, and if there’s a second copy. What looks like ‘of’ could just be a final ‘g’.
I think it’s more that there was nothing further to add. Having looked at the whole page and compared letters confirmed my thought that the final letter was a “g”, so the word does seem to be “living” as already suggested.
I think it’s more that there was nothing further to add. Having looked at the whole page and compared letters confirmed my thought that the final letter was a “g”, so the word does seem to be “living” as already suggested.
Thanks Pauline, seeing as you had asked to see it online I thought you would have confirmed what was thought.
No harm done as they say.
I have just checked my collection of Irish marriages and now find there is one where 'deceased' is in the same position as 'living'. I hadn't thought to check until now because I assumed (tut) they followed the English tradition of putting deceased in the Occupation column. I now know differently.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.