• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lost cousins dna connections

Jeremy Wilkes

LostCousins Star
I noticed yesterday that one of the varieties of "relationship" offered when one enters a newly-found name from a census is "DNA research". I wonder what this is intended to cover. I have fairly recently made contact with a few cousins in varying possible degrees identified by autosomal DNA (most of them have answered and been helpful!). While waiting for one of them to get the result of a Y test, I have started to look into those lines that some or all share with me. I am not finding this the simplest of tasks, as their ancestry is Scottish, while most of my research for the first fifty years has been in England and Wales, but I am starting to learn. Should I be entering those of their paper-identified relations whom I find in censuses as DNA research?
 
I hadn't noticed this before you mentioned it, but having now looked, I see that if you select it you get the message "please contact LostCousins before use". So I guess we will have to wait for Peter's comments on this.
 
Please see this article from 2012.
Having read this article which didn't apply to me at the time, I wonder if I can change several entries posted under possible relative to dna research. I am still in the process of trying to find out where I fit into this family as it is very significant being the closest apart from my sister and nephew, who also have the connection.
 
Back
Top