• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

London Gazette

Liberty

LostCousins Megastar
I picked up this snippet today - did Peter announce it and I missed it?
(and is it newsworthy in the first place?)

"A few weeks ago, The Stationery Office announced that the entire run of all three newspapers [London, Edinburgh and Belfast Gazettes]will now be available online. You can search and view PDF pages of historical copies of the newspaper. You can print the documents or save them to your computer. Visit The London Gazette for more information, or to search the newspaper."
 
I picked up this snippet today - www.gazette.co for more information, or to search the newspaper."
I think the link should be this and the original link is missing "the" and "uk" ?? However great stuff when you get there, and see the plans, thanks Liberty. I think it might still be at the beta stage and I wasn't certain that it would be free??
 
I think it might still be at the beta stage and I wasn't certain that it would be free??


It certainly seems to be beta; as for the cost, i don't know but - hey, if they don't get my credit card details, I can always retreat.
 
Back
Top