CarolB08
LostCousins Member
I did my dna test using Ancestry.co.uk and I do have a whole lot of matches, although apart from my Brother none closer than 319 cms across 18 segments, I was a little disappointed by this but given my odd family history I expected it.
I then downloaded my results from Ancestry and uploaded them to GEDmatch genisis, Family tree dna and My heritage in the hope that cousins could be hiding there. Still no one as close as my match on Ancestry, but what I did notice was the wide diversity of Countries that I have dna matches with
A little background for you, my Mother is as far as I know English with possibly a touch of Irish in her make up, I do not know for sure as she was adopted as a child and died 38 years ago so not around to ask more, my Father was Polish and came to the UK after WW2.
On my Heritage I have 45 Countries with matches, my highest Country of matches is U.S.A at 1'191 followed by the UK at 504 then Australia, Germany and Canada and so on. Poland which I expected to be really high is just 2 matches
So I really have a cosmopolitan make up, and i still have only identified about 4 people and where we match, enough to start building a tree in the hope of following the trail of bread crumbs back to Mum and Dad eventually.
Am I unique or do others have an equally diverse table of results?
I then downloaded my results from Ancestry and uploaded them to GEDmatch genisis, Family tree dna and My heritage in the hope that cousins could be hiding there. Still no one as close as my match on Ancestry, but what I did notice was the wide diversity of Countries that I have dna matches with
A little background for you, my Mother is as far as I know English with possibly a touch of Irish in her make up, I do not know for sure as she was adopted as a child and died 38 years ago so not around to ask more, my Father was Polish and came to the UK after WW2.
On my Heritage I have 45 Countries with matches, my highest Country of matches is U.S.A at 1'191 followed by the UK at 504 then Australia, Germany and Canada and so on. Poland which I expected to be really high is just 2 matches
So I really have a cosmopolitan make up, and i still have only identified about 4 people and where we match, enough to start building a tree in the hope of following the trail of bread crumbs back to Mum and Dad eventually.
Am I unique or do others have an equally diverse table of results?